Sunday, June 15, 2008

'Viva La Vida' Far Better Than 'Violet Hill'


Coldplay have released their latest album 'Viva La Vida'. Their first single, 'Violet Hill' did sound pretty good... but not that great, so I didn't get all that excited. However, to my amazement, they performed the mentioned song and the song that gives title to their album, 'Viva La Vida'. Oh boy, it gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it. It made me get up and go to get the album right away. It's absolutely gorgeous... Makes me wonder why they bothered realeasing 'Violet Hill' altogether, as first single at least, instead of this gem... Give it a listen below and compare both! 'Violet Hill' first followed by 'Viva La Vida'. What do you think? Leave a comment!

Coldplay han sacado al mercado su nuevo trabajo de estudio 'Viva La Vida'. Su primer sencillo, 'Violet Hill' sono bastante bien cuando salio... pero no como para tirar petardos. sin embargo, para mi sorpresa, actuaron en un programa de entrevistas muy famoso en el Reino Unido donde tocaron 'Violet Hill' y la cancion que da titulo a su nuevo disco 'Viva La Vida'. Todavia se me pone la piel de gallina cada vez que la escucho. Me hizo levantarme y ir en busca del nuevo disco de inmediato. Es una autentica piedra preciosa. Esto hace que me pregunte porque se molestaron en sacar como sencillo 'Violet Hill', al menos como primer sencillo, en lugar de esta maravilla. Escuchadlas ahora aqui debajo y comparadlas! Primero 'Violet Hill' seguido de 'Viva La Vida' despues. Que os parece? Dejad comentarios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally I can't honestly say that I like "Viva la Vida" better than "Violet Hill"... "Viva la Vida" is more similar to previous music of theirs, it's more "Coldplayish" so to speak. "Violet Hill" on the other hand sounds nothing like anything they've done before and it took some listenings to it for me to really like it but now I truly love it. On the whole, this new album reminds me a bit about Radioheads music which I'm also a fan of.

The tunes are not similiar but both great and both deserve some listenings. "Violet Hill" is more interesting though. They've done so many songs similiar to "Viva la Vida" and it's nice to see that they're not stuck in their own tracks.

On a further note - if they really think that "Viva la Vida" is the best song on the album, why waste their trumph card as first single? The album would be a disappointment if there only was one splendid song on it and that song the first released single as well.

Rant over.